My girls never get tired of the princess theme so here we go with our second princess party. My good friend Marni also sewed the cute birthday garland. If you want to make your own check out the tutorial on Haberdashery Fun sewing blog.
A lot of my clients ask for wardrobe advice so I thought I would share my suggestions:
1. Go for color
2. Patterns are good especially when mixed with coordinating solids
3. Steer away from solid white which can get blown out in photos
4. Wear something comfortable so you won’t mind sitting on the ground, etc.
5. For family shoots it may make the most sense for mom to pick her outfit first and then coordinate the rest of the family. Often parents find cute outfits for the kids and then try to pull something from their wardrobe to match and don’t end up feeling good about it during the shoot. So my advice is to choose mom’s outfit first.
6. Avoid clothing with logos, characters or words which can distract from the subject
7. Try laying outfits on the bed or floor to see if you are happy with everything together
Feel free to send pictures of your outfits or ask me any questions prior to your shoot